About the French Language School Canberra
The Director of the School, Evelyne Gilbert, has 19 years experience teaching French with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and other institutions in Canberra.
Professional teaching expertise
- Teachers have prior experience and are selected for their proven record of teaching.
- Teachers have experience in providing general language programs as well as language for specific purposes, such as economics, politics, trade etc.
- Attention to cultural dimensions associated with the French language and French
Modern teaching methodology
- Based on small groups or individual classes.
- Attention to individual needs and developing proficiency in all macro skills.
- All students are assessed prior to placement to ensure an optimum learning environment for individuals and groups.
- Exposure of students to a variety of native speakers, both male and female
with various accents.
Use of quality teaching resources
- Up-to-date resources which reinforce the pedagogical principles of teaching French as a second language.
- Multimedia to reinforce learning.
Familiarity with Government requirements
- Extensive experience in conducting intensive language training from survival
to nearly native proficiency level for government officers prior to their overseas
Excellent track record of performance
- Established since 1998.
- Very high success rate, as evidenced by references and repeat business.
- To maintain the highest standards of teaching the French Language School is committed through its quality control methods to ensuring students experience excellent learning outcomes.
- Ms Gilbert personally monitors students' feedbacks and progresses to ensure of the high quality of the teaching.
- Range of class times available to suit client needs, including weekends and evenings.
- Timetable can be tailored to suit client requirements.
- Special requests and program adjustments can be arranged.